University of New South Wales
Position Title: Manager of International Student Compliance
Employment Type: Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Remuneration: $118,883 – $133,948 (includes 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Kensington NSW (Hybrid Flexible Working)
UNSW is not your typical workplace. We are a large organization with a diverse and talented community that is passionate about making a difference. Together, we strive to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in everything we do. This approach is what sets us apart and has earned us a place among the top 50 universities in the world. If you are looking for a career where you can thrive, be challenged, and make a meaningful impact, join us at UNSW.
Why Your Role Matters:
As the Manager of International Student Compliance, you will play a key role within the Pro Vice-Chancellor Education & Student Experience portfolio. Your responsibilities will involve managing the administrative requirements and services related to international student compliance, ensuring that UNSW adheres to the National Code 2018 (ESOS Act 2000) and supports students in safely entering, living, and studying in Australia. You will lead a team of Student Compliance staff, oversee the ‘Return to Compliance’ process, and act as the main point of contact for staff and students dealing with visa breaches and appeals. Success in this role requires close collaboration with the Lead, International Student Compliance and other relevant stakeholders across the institution. You will report to the Lead, International Student Compliance and manage a team of five direct reports.
Who You Are:
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
– A relevant tertiary qualification in a related field, supplemented by practical experience and education.
– Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in applying the ESOS Act (2000) and National Code 2018 in the tertiary education sector.
– Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures in a consistent and student-focused manner, aligned with the ESOS framework.
– Experience managing a team to deliver efficient administrative and compliance services, with the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
– Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and under pressure.
– Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students and staff from diverse backgrounds.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to analyze data and prepare reports.
– Proactive attitude and the ability to contribute positively to a collaborative team environment.
– Advanced computer literacy and proficiency in PRISMS and/or tertiary student record systems.
– Familiarity with UNSW’s values, policies, and guidelines.
– Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and willingness to undergo relevant training.
– Verification of qualifications
– Working with Children Check
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria outlined above.
Sunday, October 29 – 11:55 pm
Get in Touch:
For any inquiries, please contact Georgia Kelso, Talent Acquisition Coordinator at [email protected]
UNSW is committed to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from individuals who identify as women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent. UNSW offers workplace adjustments for individuals with disabilities and provides access to flexible work options for eligible staff members. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.