Salary: $93,017 – $102,676 per year (HEW Level 6), plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment type: Full-time, Continuing
Location: Macquarie University, Wallumattagal Campus (North Ryde)
We are seeking a coordinator to implement and coordinate strategies, initiatives, and activities to better engage international students and improve their retention, success, and sense of belonging.
– Coordinate the implementation of programs and strategies to engage international student cohorts.
– Organize events and activities to improve engagement, belonging, and successful transitioning of international students.
– Coordinate support projects for international students, ensuring deliverables are met within budget and timelines.
– Collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide appropriate support and welfare mechanisms for international students.
– Work with external partners to provide targeted information and holistic support to international students.
– Conduct research and benchmark best practices and innovations with international and national universities and organizations.
– Provide advice and training to students and staff to promote cultural awareness within the university community.
– Review and analyze industry and sector data to inform programs and projects for international student engagement.
– Stay updated on legislative, policy, and funding issues related to international education.
– Refer international students to appropriate support services within and outside the university.
– Collaborate with the communications team to ensure international students receive regular updates and information through appropriate channels.
Other Specific Requirements
– May be required to attend meetings and presentations outside of normal work hours.
– Will undertake work across a broad range of activities.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria listed below:
– Degree or equivalent experience in business or related discipline.
– Knowledge of the Australian and international higher education systems.
– Familiarity with the Australian legislative framework for international student support.
– Experience with student/customer engagement projects and programs.
– Understanding of the University’s policies and processes related to international student groups.
– Knowledge of process improvement and transformation.
– Extensive experience supporting international student engagement initiatives.
– Ability to analyze and report on complex business processes and data.
– Strong partnership-building skills with internal and external stakeholders.
For any general inquiries, please contact Bill Egarchos, HR Administrator at [email protected]
Application Close Date
Wednesday, 15 November 2023, 11:59pm AEDT
Diversity and Inclusion
At Macquarie University, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements for innovation and success. We do not discriminate based on gender identity, age, culture, disability, sexuality, Indigeneity, family and caring responsibilities, or religion. Learn more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in higher education.
Here at Macquarie, we believe in providing flexibility in work arrangements to support our staff in managing their personal commitments while optimizing their work performance. Learn more about our flexible work policies.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, please explore our Candidate Resource Hub
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.