Title: Part-Time Enrollment Advising Specialist, International
Employee Classification: Part-Time (PT)
Pay Grade: PT 08
Division: Enrollment Management
Department: Enrollment Management
Campus Location: Main Campus
As a Part-Time Enrollment Advising Specialist, you will meet with prospective international students, evaluate admissions applications, recruit at high schools, community colleges, and other community organizations, and prepare reports on applicants, admissions, and enrollments. You will also advise and counsel prospective international students on curriculum requirements, vocational information, and academic achievement problems. Additionally, you will serve as a leader of the Admissions Strategic Recruitment Team, coordinating new and ongoing staff training and participating in every aspect of the overall recruitment effort for the University.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
– Collaborate with Admissions leadership to lead the strategic international recruiting efforts by coordinating and participating in the overall recruiting team’s efforts.
– Represent the Admissions leadership in strategic recruiting conversations and analyses across campus when required.
– Assist in developing, implementing, and assessing strategic recruitment plans for all populations.
– Represent the University overseas and at US embassies and agency visits.
– Serve as a liaison with the SEVIS Processer to coordinate international admissions documents.
– Meet with prospective international students and parents to inform them of University Admissions policies, procedures, academic programs, cost of attendance, and all other matters related to choosing a college.
– Advise prospective international students on courses, transfer of credits, curriculum requirements, and other pertinent degree planning information.
– Provide advice to students on degree requirements, academic issues, and scholarships.
– Serve as the international content expert in the Office of Admissions, ensuring accurate understanding of issues, handling of questions, and document reviews.
– Visit secondary schools and community colleges to meet with counseling and teaching staff, students, and administrators to discuss Eastern Michigan University’s features and benefits for college-bound students.
– Review Admissions applications and make admissions decisions.
– Conduct regular University presentations to prospective international students, parents, and administrators on and off campus.
– Represent EMU at recruitment fairs, both graduate and undergraduate, in Michigan and other states as required.
– Participate in all campus visit programs, both on and off campus, as part of the overall recruitment effort.
– Administer Admissions policies and procedures for specific programs or activities.
– Advise clerical support and other professional staff on Admissions questions and problems.
– Recommend policy or procedural changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness in Admissions recruitment and/or enrollment practices.
– Participate in enrollment yield efforts (e.g., Fast Track, phone calls, e-mails, etc.) as required.
– Adhere to all NCAA, Mid-American Conference, and Eastern Michigan University policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
– Perform any related departmental duties as required.
– Bachelor’s degree in a related field, with knowledge and skills in organization, administration, marketing, problem-solving, and planning.
– Two years of experience in an academic advising-related environment.
– Experience with transfer students and knowledge of the admissions cycle.
– Valid driver’s license.
– Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
– Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours and travel as required.
– Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team and lead a team.
– Familiarity with computers and software programs.
– Knowledge of EMU’s academic programs, student type, undergraduate experiences, and the southeastern Michigan area.
– Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Appointment Percentage: Full-Time (100%)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chronicle.com.