University of Salford
Contract Length: 2-year fixed-term contract
Are you passionate about Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) and looking to make a meaningful impact? We have exciting opportunities available! Our EDI team is currently small but expanding, with ambitious goals to drive change. Led by the Associate Pro-Vice Chancellor (EDI), our team collaborates with students, academics, and professional services to provide expert advice and guidance. Our aim is to inspire and support colleagues, fostering change through actionable steps.
At the heart of our work is Salford’s EDI Statement of Ambition (SoA), launched in July 2023, which promotes a holistic approach to EDI throughout the institution. Joining our team now presents an incredible opportunity as the SoA has created a strong focus on implementing change. We have a community of EDI Leads and Advocates across the University who are actively contributing to our mission. In this role, you’ll play a crucial part in enabling, informing, and shaping practices to bring the SoA to life and achieve our EDI goals. Together, we aspire for Salford to become a leader in EDI practices, and you can be a part of this journey!
About the Role…
While possessing an EDI qualification would be advantageous, we highly value relevant experience in this field. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about creating an inclusive work and study environment. Your role as the EDI Colleague Development Lead will involve developing, managing, and integrating Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion learning initiatives across our institution. We understand that a strategic plan for colleague development is vital to achieving the goals outlined in our EDI Statement of Ambition. While you will report to the EDI Manager, you will also work closely with the HR Learning and Organizational Development Team.
What’s in it for You?
– Competitive salary with an excellent pension scheme.
– Generous annual leave, including the option to purchase additional days.
– Flexible working arrangements, supporting a culture of flexibility and hybrid work models.
– Extensive professional development opportunities through a comprehensive package of training initiatives.
– Our community values diversity, fostering a sense of belonging. Together, we are passionate about enhancing our students’ lives.
– Perks! Our online employee portal, MySalford, offers a wide range of lifestyle benefits and discounted offerings.
– Wellbeing initiatives prioritizing your mental and physical health, supported by dedicated services and facilities.
The University of Salford is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. As part of our effort to promote workforce diversity, we encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
For more information and to apply for this vacancy, please visit the EDI Colleague Development Lead – University of Salford VX (tal.net).
At the University of Salford, we are committed to promoting equality and diversity through an inclusive approach
To apply for this job please visit universityofsalford.tal.net.