Tel Aviv University
Revised Job Listing:
Position: Director, TAU Lowy International School – North America Office
Location: New York, New York
About TAU Lowy International School
TAU Lowy International School is part of Tel Aviv University (TAU), Israel’s largest and most comprehensive university. We are currently seeking a full-time Director for our North America Office located in midtown Manhattan. We host over 2,500 international students each year, offering a wide variety of academic opportunities including full undergraduate and graduate degrees, study abroad programs, summer programs, and gap year programming. The TAU Lowy North America Office oversees student services and relationship management for students, institutional partners, and other stakeholders from the US and Canada. Our North America Office team is integrated with the US-based American Friends of Tel Aviv (AFTAU) organization.
As the Director of the TAU Lowy International School North America Office, you will report to the Israel-based TAU Lowy International School Director. This full-time position requires strategic leadership and operations management, including staff management, budget oversight, student outreach and recruitment, managing institutional partnerships and agreements, representing TAU at conferences and events, and other assigned duties.
– Supervise a team of 4 North America Office staff members.
– Collaborate effectively with all TAU Lowy International School teams including Graduate and Undergraduate Degree teams, Study Abroad, Academics, International Development, Student Services, Student Life, Housing, and Visa and Insurance teams.
– Develop and implement a strategic plan to attract, increase, support, and retain students from North America.
– Establish and maintain contacts, relationships, and collaborations with high schools, universities, community organizations, governmental and non-governmental organizations, and other relevant stakeholders.
– Evaluate current TAU Lowy systems and refine them to improve the North America student admissions, pre-departure, and returnee experience.
– Promote and advance TAU’s internationalization goals and manage institutional agreements in North America.
– Represent TAU at conferences and events in the North America region to raise the institutional profile of the TAU Lowy International School.
– Develop and manage Customized Programs from North America in collaboration with on-site teams.
– Assist with faculty, coordinators, or delegations coming to/from the US or Canada as needed.
– Collaborate with the Canadian and American Friends of Tel Aviv University organizations, particularly related to promotional events and scholarship management.
– Manage all North America fiscal and business matters, including vendor management, budget oversight, and compliance with policies.
– Ensure compliance with Department of Education policies and regulations regarding federal financial aid.
– Relay emergency, risk, and/or other urgent communications to enrolled students and partners as needed.
Due to the nature of the international education field, the position may require additional time beyond regular office hours, as well as occasional evening or early morning work to communicate with students, partners, or colleagues in different time zones. The Director will work in the North America office in midtown Manhattan 2-3 days per week and WFH for the remainder of the week. Some travel, domestic and international, is required.
– Master’s degree in a related field.
– 3-5 years of outstanding leadership experience in the international and/or higher education fields in the United States.
– Previous supervisory, managerial, and budgetary experience.
– US work authorization and current residence in the United States.
– Experience studying, living, and/or working internationally.
– Knowledge of Israel and/or the Jewish world, particularly in relation to student communities and academic organizations.
– Excellent communication, intercultural, and relationship-building skills.
– Responsible, self-disciplined, and capable of working independently.
– Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
– Ability to work under pressure and be flexible.
– Strong collaborative skills.
– Ability to lead and manage in a continuously evolving environment.
Benefits and Compensation
We offer a competitive salary within the range of $105,000-$115,000, along with a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and retirement. Paid sick and generous vacation days are provided. Professional development opportunities are also available.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. For more information about the TAU Lowy International School, please visit our website at https://international.tau.ac.il/. We look forward to reviewing your application and learning more about you!
To apply for this job please visit jobregistry.nafsa.org.