Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
Position: Programme Manager, Emergency Obstetric and Quality of Care Unit
Employment Type: Full-time, Fixed-term appointment until 31st December 2024
Location: Liverpool with international travel
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a highly motivated and experienced Programme Manager to join the Department of International Public Health at LSTM. As the first institution dedicated to education and research in tropical diseases, LSTM is celebrating its 125th anniversary in 2023.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of implementation research projects aimed at strengthening health systems for women and babies. Your main responsibilities will include overseeing the operational and financial aspects of the projects, developing a transparent governance structure, monitoring program outputs, and reporting to funders.
1. Manage operational and financial tasks in supported countries.
2. Ensure compliance with LSTM’s budgeting process for projects.
3. Design and implement strategies to address financial performance issues.
4. Compile financial and narrative reports for donors and internal reporting.
5. Provide comprehensive project management support to the EmOC&QoC Unit.
6. Monitor project outputs and deliverables, including key performance indicators.
7. Provide expertise on capacity building for operations.
8. Negotiate new funding contracts with donors and partners.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, be solution-focused, and have the ability to build relationships with stakeholders. You should also have experience in project management and working with funding agencies at a senior level. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
Additional Benefits of Joining LSTM:
– 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and Christmas closure days.
– Generous occupational pension schemes.
– Government-backed “cycle to work” scheme.
– Affiliated, discounted staff membership to the University of Liverpool Sports Centre.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and Covering Letter through the provided link. Please note that due to a high volume of applications, vacancies may close early, so early application is advised.
LSTM is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from individuals of all backgrounds. We also promote flexible working and encourage applications from individuals returning to employment after a career break. We adhere to Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Policies
To apply for this job please visit www.lstmed.ac.uk.