The Financial Aid Coordinator at Alliant International University works in the Financial Aid Administration Office, overseeing specified customer-facing financial aid operations and ensuring compliance with Title IV and State aid regulations. This role supports the university’s enrollment and student services by implementing financial aid policy and monitoring student eligibility.
Education: Preferred Bachelor’s degree from a four-year regionally accredited university or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Experience: 2 to 3 years of experience in financial aid operations and administration, with a focus on customer service in a higher education setting. Knowledge of state and federal student financial aid programs required.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: None
– Proficient computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office applications, with a preference for experience using Campus Nexus or similar SIS databases and federal systems.
– Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations, including management of Federal Family Education Loans and private educational loans.
– Familiarity with federal need analysis and verification requirements.
– Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
– Knowledge of office procedures and equipment, including phone systems, mailings, and documentation.
– Understanding of regulatory audits and compliance rules.
– Specific knowledge of Federal Title IV Regulations, Federal Work-Study Regulations, employment laws, FERPA, and other privacy laws.
Background Check Requirements:
Successful completion of a background check, including criminal, prior employment, and education verification, is required for employment. Failure to pass the background check may impact application status or continued employment.
Alliant International University is committed to providing equal opportunities and prohibits discrimination, harassment, or retaliation based on various protected characteristics. The university actively seeks to increase diversity at all levels and will uphold applicable laws and regulations.
Applicants must be authorized to work full-time in the United States. Offers of employment are contingent upon providing documents that prove identity and work authorization in line with the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities or those in need of assistance with the application process should contact Human Resources.
Note: This notice also outlines the collection and use of personal information in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Governing legislation for Alliant International University includes Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and applicable federal and California laws.
Alliant International University maintains a smoke and tobacco-free environment
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chronicle.com.