Position Title: International Student Assistant (Temporary Part-Time)
Department: Enrollment Management
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Remote Work Option: Fully In-Person
Work Hours: 25-hour workweek Monday through Saturday between 8:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., with specific hours to be determined upon employment. Evenings and Saturdays may be required.
Salary Grade: N/A
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
Job Open Date: August 18, 2023
Job Close Date: October 20, 2023
The International Student Assistant is responsible for receiving and processing documentation for new and continuing international students. This position also provides administrative support for the enrollment services area as needed.
– Bachelor’s degree required
– Minimum of one year previous student or customer service experience
– Bilingual skills preferred
– Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet skills
– Excellent communication, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
– Knowledge of the Community College and Higher Education system
International Student Duties:
1. Interact with students on a daily basis
2. Process International Student Admissions documentation
3. Communicate with students regarding additional documentation requirements
4. Generate reports for International Student Admissions and Retention
5. Other duties as assigned by the Director of International Students
Enrollment Services Duties:
1. Provide administrative support and coverage at reception area when available
2. Enter data in the Student Information System to support enrollment services
3. Provide excellent student and customer service by answering questions
4. Familiarize with the new student enrollment process to address student issues promptly and professionally
Selected candidates will be required to obtain current criminal record/child abuse clearances before employment. The three clearances required are the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. Instructions on how to obtain these clearances can be found on the provided link.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, visit the following link:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chronicle.com.