Job Title: International Admissions Coordinator
Requisition ID: req1918
Department: International Student Services
Campus: RC-Rock Creek Campus
Employment Type: Full-Time Academic Professional
Best Consideration Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
Portland Community College is seeking a collaborative and equity-minded individual to join our community and the Office of International Student Services as the International Admissions Coordinator. This role involves coordinating international admissions processing and reviewing applications from prospective international students. The Coordinator will assist in student recruitment efforts, ensure compliance with rules and regulations, and support department goals. The role also includes serving as a Designated School Official (DSO), reporting to the Director of the Office of International Student Services, and leading a small team of three.
To be successful in this position, you should demonstrate the following qualifications, skills, and abilities:
– Ability to be a Designated School Official (DSO) as required by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
– Strong recent working knowledge, training, and experience as a DSO for F-1 visa students, including visa advising and student record upkeep in SEVIS.
– Experience with CRM/Student Database systems, ideally for international students (e.g., Slate, ERx, EAB Navigate, Banner).
– Experience in coordinating and developing training for international students with college/university partners.
– Ability to liaison with other departments and schools on behalf of international students.
– Considerable knowledge of international student visa advising and/or advising for college/university.
To be considered for this position, your application must demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Global Studies, International Affairs, International Education).
– Relevant experience can substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
– Two years of demonstrated experience in International Education, admissions, international student programs, recruiting, marketing, or related field.
– Fluency in a second language may be required.
Portland Community College offers a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their families, including access to health, dental, and vision insurance options, life and disability insurance, retirement benefits, tuition benefits, and more. Specific details can be found on the PCC website.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This position primarily operates in an office environment and requires extensive computer and telephone use. Some evening and weekend work and domestic/international travel may be required.
Background Check Required:
Portland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans’ Preference in Public Employment Law. Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans are given preference in employment. Applicants claiming veterans’ preference will be instructed on how to provide the necessary documentation during the application process.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Portland Community College is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.
Annual Security Report:
As required by the Clery Act, Portland Community College provides an Annual Security Report (ASR) that contains important safety and security information, crime statistics, and prevention resources. The ASR can be found on the Department of Public Safety website or requested in paper form from any Department of Public Safety office
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chronicle.com.